Data Protection Officer £Excellent
We have been instructed with a rare opportunity for a Data Protection Officer to join one of the UK’s largest law firms to work closely with their Risk and Compliance Director undertaking a central role in preparing the firm for the General Data Protection Regulation.
With offices throughout the UK, this high-profile role can be based in many major cities.
To be successful in this role, you will be an expert in your field with the ability to influence and guide a wide range of stakeholders to ensure that the business at all times protects the best interests of clients and manages privacy related risk. Your duties will include:
- Taking the lead in connection with a number of GDPR workstreams and collaborating with other workstream leads to ensure that the firm meets the required standards of GDPR within the prescribed timeframe.
- Dealing with (including managing others to deal with) queries from business areas in respect of whether their current activities and intended plans will be GDPR compliant and helping to identify solutions.
- Ensuring ongoing compliance with GDPR and associated data protection legislation post May 2018 and working to raise privacy awareness within the firm generally.
- Being responsible for managing and implementing the framework of policy and procedure in the area of data protection, drafting policy, procedure and privacy notices where required and ensuring that all required policies are in place and updated as required to ensure GDPR compliance by the effective date.
- Working closely with the business, in particular in the areas of Marketing, Records Management, Information Security, Operations and HR in ensuring data protection compliance within the firm.
- Keep up to date with guidance and legislative change and be responsible for privacy training and awareness within the firm.
- Dealing with Data Subject Access Requests, Right to be Forgotten and other rights exercised by data subjects.
- Be the designated point of contact for data subjects and the ICO in connection with privacy related matters.
- Manage any privacy breaches, working to identify root causes, mitigate risks and prevent reoccurrence. This will include: insurance considerations and procedures for notification to ICO
- Approval of proposed data sharing arrangements and analysis of whether the sharing is to be on a controller/controller basis or a controller/processor basis. Consideration of proposed data exports and ensuring the requirements for the export are met.
- Dealing with data protection related complaints or investigations by the ICO.
- Undertake Privacy Impact Assessments where necessary in particular in connection with significant change management projects.
- Contribute to tenders, M&A activity and respond to client audits in connection with privacy related areas.
- Provide ad hoc advice and assistance as required to the firm across all service lines.
- Provide sound commercial advice to the boards on relevant privacy risks.
- Promoting a culture of privacy compliance.
- Prioritise team projects in line with the needs of the business.
We are keen to hear from candidates with proven Data Protection experience which will preferably have been gained in the legal or professional services sector. A qualified lawyer with Data Protection or an information security qualification would be ideal, but is not essential.
Due to the nature of this role, detailed knowledge of privacy related legislation and GDPR is pre-requisite and you will also be a natural leader with outstanding communication skills, will be analytical with the ability to pay strong attention to detail.
Given the firms’ standing in the market you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package which includes a whole host of benefits.
The firm also embraces an open and transparent culture and is a strong advocate of professional development which will ensure that you can progress your career with the firm. and ultimately move upwards within the structure
Please Use The Form Below To Send Us Your C.V